Playoff Picture – 2 Weeks Left
By Jim Payseur on November 27, 2012
After 14 weeks of competition, we have our first teams eliminated: both the Rush Hour Renegades and the Heroes are down and out. No team has punched their ticket into the playoffs yet, but quite a few are close.
Two of our division races are nearly finished, with one team holding a 2 game lead over the rest of the field. The other division has three teams looking likely to take two playoff spots.
In the Kracklauer division, there are 3 teams at 5-7 and Frank the Tank sits at 7-5. Frank can clinch the division with a victory this week. If he loses, the Fighting Fish and the winner between AngryRats and That Killer Cacti will stay alive.
In the Memorial division, Arian Nation can clinch the division with a win or a loss by the Shockers. The losing team between the Shockers and Cold as Ice this week will be eliminated from playoff contention.
In the Rocket Ship division, Urlaching Talent can clinch a playoff spot with a victory.
The Wild Card race is getting tight with only 6 teams remaining in the picture, of which 2 will be division champions:
- Urlaching Talent could lose both remaining games to finish at 8-6, tied for the wild card (and maybe in a 3-way tie for the division) or could finish at 9-5, tied for the division lead and win the wild card
- Rose Thorns could finish at 9-5 (guaranteed playoff spot), 8-6 (maybe in contention), or 7-7 (eliminated)
- Jerry Angelo could finish at 9-5 (guaranteed playoff spot), 8-6 (maybe in contention), or 7-7 (eliminated)
- Jerry Angelo and the Rose Thorns cannot both finish at 9-5 and they cannot both finish at 7-7
- Cold as Ice or The Shockers could win both remaining games to finish 8-6 (only one of the two could finish with this record) and maybe tie for the wild card.
- Arian Nation could lose both remaining games to finish at 8-6 (he could lose the points scored tie-breaker for the division title if he finishes tied with The Shockers, but would win the head-to-head tie-breaker with Cold as Ice) and maybe tie for the wild card